iPod is the Apple provided brand of portable media players that supports a line of digital file formats. To support file transfer from iPod devices from computer systems using Macintosh or Windows operating systems, iTunes is used. iTunes can transfer photos, email settings, calendars, Web Bookmarks, contact information and other data. But sometimes iTunes report that it cannot read or write information from iPod disk. One of the typical reasons for such behavior to occur is disk structure damage, which requires iPod to be restored. But this leads to data loss and hence you should recover lost data from backup. If you don’t find it feasible to recover from backup, use iPod Data Recovery tools for this purpose.
While trying to update or restore your iPod, you might receive the below error message:
“Firmware update failure. Disk write error”
This error message suggests that iTunes cannot read/write any information from/to iPod.
Possible reasons for this error message are:
• You are using an outdated version of Windows or Mac OS X operating system
• You computer is not updated
• You are using some software that are interfering with iTunes
• One or more music files are damaged
• If you are using Windows, unregistered .dll files could be the issue
• Damaged iPod photo cache
• Connection is lost
• Damaged or incompatible hardware
• iPod disk structure is damaged
Try resolving this issue using these steps:
• Make sure that you have installed all latest updates of your Windows or Mac OS X operating system, including device connections updates
• Ensure that you have the latest updates available for your computer
• Try uninstalling any software and disabling add-ons that might be interfering with iTunes
• Check for damaged music files and delete them
• Register the unregistered .dll files, if any
• Delete the corrupted iPod photo cache
• Check the system for valid connection
• Diagnose your system for damaged and incompatible hardware and replace or remove them
• Restore your iPod using latest version of iTunes. Restore lost data from backup or alternatively use iPod Recovery tools if you face backup concerns. iPod Data Recovery applications perform safe and effective lost data recovery.
Stellar Phoenix iPod Recovery is a complete iPod Reocvery solution to recover lost data. Available for both Windows and Mac operating systems, this non-destructive tool supports iPod generations like iPod Nano, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle and iPod Mini. It comes available with advanced features like File Mask, File Filter etc. It can restore all music files, pod casts, audio books, documents and graphic files.
Simpson has 6 Years of Experience in the Software Technology field working as a freelancer with Stellar which offers data recovery services, ipod recovery and unixware data recovery software for more than 10 years.